According to Mashable.com, more than 80 million U.S. voters will access information critical to their voting decisions via smartphones- an increase of over 200 percent when compared to the 2008 presidential race. Check out this infographic detailing the rise of mobile device influence for Election 2012.
With Election Day 2012 right around the corner, you can stay up to date with the latest candidate platform analysis, election news, and poll tracking right on your smartphone or tablet. Verizon Wireless suggests using the following apps to make sure you remain an informed voter.
- Stay informed before you cast your vote with Election 2012, an app that lets you get to know the candidates’ platforms and where they stand on big issues.
- Feel out of the loop when it comes to politics? The Politico Playbook Mobile app has been deemed the “ultimate insider’s guide for political outsiders” with everything you need to know to stay in-the-know.
- Fact check the candidates with Politifact Mobile, a tell-all lie detector to see who’s being honest with their mudslinging.
- For real-time data during the election, turn to Poll Tracker for comprehensive polling information including push notifications each time a new poll comes out. For the latest electoral vote updates, check out 270toWin.
- Want to share your views and vote with the world? You’re in luck! Facebook and CNN teamed up to create U.S. Politics on Facebook to help Facebook users easily share their stances with the power of Facebook’s Open Graph.