GNPAL wants to thank everyone that made this year’s Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Day of Service, truly, the first step in a Norristown-wide Community Day of Service.
Monday’s diversity was a vivid illustration of Dr. King’s "Dream". It truly was what we should all expect, from all communities, boards, corporations, agencies and municipalities, at every level, throughout the
year...not just on Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday, and certainly not just at GNPAL.
We can’t thank everyone; but GNPAL wants to acknowledge the diverse participation of more than 350+ volunteers, as follows:
- Brett Wells, for his continued latitude, leadership and trust to make this
an expanded Event for the Greater Norristown Community and beyond!
- Project Leaders: Mark Hall; Carolyn White; Greg Hodges; Wanda Graham; Nancy Chronister; Paul Johnson; Peggy Scott.
- Gateway Health Plan for Sponsoring the 2013 Dr. King Community Day Event
- Allstate for our corporate selection
- Main Street Pizzeria for the Pizza
- Breakfast/Lunch Sides: Dunkin’ Donuts (Donuts & Coffee); The Pub (Juices); Weiss (water)
- Our Community Day of Service Partners: Centre
Theater; Elmwood Zoo; Haws Av United Methodist Church; Norristown Ministries Hospitality Center; Theatre Horizon.
- The High School Students: NAHS; Chad Murdock;
- Youth: Back Talk-FS; Upward Bound-MCCC; BSA
Troup-113; Jr Girl Scouts-72028
- Colleges/Universities: Cabrini U; MCCC; Ursinus U; Villanova U
- Companies/Employers: Jackson-Cross Partners;
Einstein-Montgomery; Montgomery County; Vanguard; McNeil; Lease Direct;
- Alumni Frats/Sorors: Kappa Alpha Psi-Norristown
Chapter; AKA-Phi Beta Omega Chapter; Delta Sigma Theta-Valley Forge Chapter; SGRho-Kappa Chi Sigma Chapter
- Public Officials & Staff: Montgomery Co DA’s Office
- The Media: Lower Providence Patch Online; TIMES
- Lead Organizations: Global Citizen; MLK 365
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., who gave his life for all Citizens of the United States and the World, in anticipation
for Justice for All!
- Lastly, much appreciation to a Higher Being, greater than ourselves, who brought us all together for the Community’s benefit.
Thank you, All.
Kenneth A. Fennal, Program Director
Greater Norristown PAL (GNPAL)