Five Things for Friday, August 12
Five things to know about Norristown and life today.
1. The Montgomery County 4-H Fair in Collegeville is over tomorrow. Go today with the kids, check out all the fun and spend some time with the animals. The fair runs from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. today. If you go tomorrow, it's 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow.
2. Saturday afternoon, the Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library is hosting some fluffy friends from our neighbors at Elmwood Park Zoo and providing hot dogs to everyone three and up. Sounds like a fun afternoon!
3. The Academy of Natural Sciences in Philly is celebrating Bug Fest all weekend, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. aturday and Sunday. See the bugs, eat the bugs, hunt the bugs, pretend you’re a bug!
4. The Spring Mountain Warrior Race is on Sunday in Schwenksville. If you’re the type who has to go to work and is into getting things done, this is the “thing” of a lifetime. If you’re fit and looking for something to do, don’t miss out!
5. Might I make a suggestion for the day? Call in sick and make this your soundtrack for the day. If you can’t call in sick today, that’s okay. You still don’t have to be you again 'til Monday! Have an awesome weekend, Patchers!