Five Things For Thursday, Sept. 8
Here are five things to know about Norristown and life today.
1. If you haven't already heard, tonight is the Greater Norristown PAL International Food & Wine Festival at Plymouth Country Club. The party kicks off at 5 p.m., and there are still tickets available. Admission is only $50 for an entire evening of great food, drink, entertainment and mingling with a veritable Who's Who of Montgomery County.
2. It's registration time at the ACPPA Community Art Center. Stop by and register your child for fall classes in art, dance, music and even yoga and pilates. Call 610-277-2270 or go to www.acppa.net for more information.
3. Are you ready to start your own business? The Norristown First Step Business Planning seminar helps budding entrepreneurs start down the path to successful business ownership. This workshop will help you ask the right questions and give you practical next steps to starting your business in Norristown. The three hour seminar is free and kicks off at 2 p.m. at the Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library.
4. State Rep. Matt Bradford is hosting a Family Fair today at the Elmwood Park Zoo from 5 to 7 p.m. Come out for face painting, food and fun at the zoo! It's free, but you have to R.S.V.P. by calling 610-270-1150.
5. Theatre Horizon is hosting a special "Pay What You Can" performance of its season opener Kimberly Akimbo by Pulitzer Prize winner David Lindsay-Abaire. The play is a hilarious coming of age story about a teenager with a rare condition causing her body to age faster than it should. Tonight's performance at the Centre Theater starts at 8 p.m.