Five Things for Tuesday, Sept. 20
Here are five things to know about life and Norristown today.
1. Want to know where you come from? The Historical Society of Montgomery County is offering a genealogy workshop, "Introduction to Genealogy: Uncovering Your Past." Learn basic research tips for finding family. The class will run four consecutive Tuesdays, Sept. 6 through 27, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required. To register or to get more information, call 610-272-0297.
2. Norristown's Cub Pack 724 is having an open house tonight at 7 p.m. at Whitehall Elementary, 399 N. Whitehall Road. For over 80 years, Cub Scouts have been having the time of their lives making new friends and learning new things. If you're child is 7 to 10 years old, and is interested in becoming a scout, stop by and meet the pack.
3. Greater Norristown PAL is holding tutoring sessions every afternoon, Monday through Friday, from 3 to 5:30 p.m. If your student needs assistance with a class or homework assignment, get help at PAL. Call 610-278-8040 for more information.
4. Norristown Municipal Council meets again tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Norristown Municipal Hall. There's plenty of business on the table tonight. You can download the full agenda in our PDF section.
5. Montco SAAC is hosting a special pilot project offering high dose flu vaccines for seniors. The Montgomery County Health Department, Aging and Adult Services and Sanofi Pasteur, Inc. have partnered to make the vaccine available to any senior over 65. Vaccinations will be given from 9:45 to 11:30 a.m. at SAAC, 536 George St. Injections will be given by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 610-275-1960.