According to The Times Herald, a Montgomery County judge sentenced former Methacton High School Teacher Sean Michael McCullough to three to 23 months in county jail and another three years probation for his inappropriate sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.
The 44-year-old McCullough, of Collegeville, pleaded guilty of corruption of a minor and disseminating obscene materials to a minor in connection with an ongoing relationship with a student that included sexually-explicit conversations over email, Facebook and text messages. The pair also reportedly engaged in mutual masturbation, kissing and fondling and even traded nude photos.
The victim, now 20 years old, testified on behalf of McCullough, saying she did not consider herself a victim and that she loved McCullough.
"The slightest suggestion he was grooming me is ridiculous," the young woman told the court, according to the Herald. "I did not get lured. I know what we had was real."
The judge in the case disagreed.
"Despite the fact [she] doesn’t see herself as a victim, she is a victim,” Judge William T. Nicholas said, according to the Herald. "Eventually, I hope you come to see that this conduct was not appropriate."
McCullough declined to address the court before he was handcuffed and transported to jail.
Read more about McCullough's sentencing here.
- Former MHS Teacher Admits to Inappropriate Relationship
- Former Methacton Teacher Wants Charges Dismissed
- Former Methacton Teacher Pleads Not Guilty
- All Charges Held Against Methacton H.S. Teacher at Preliminary Hearing
- UPDATE: Methacton Teacher Allegedly Admitted to Sexual Relationship with Underage Student
- Methacton Teacher Arrested for Alleged Illicit Relationship with a Student