From the Montgomery Bar Association:
Montgomery Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the Montgomery Bar Association, awarded grants to five local organizations to support their respective, law-related community initiatives.
Checks from the foundation recently were distributed to the following organizations prior to the association’s board meeting:
- Greater Norristown Police Athletic League was awarded $1,500 towards their summer program for middle school students.
- Laurel House received $2,000 to help fund their domestic abuse response team.
- Mission Kids, a non-profit that delivers support services to child victims of sexual abuse and their care givers received $2,000 to offset operating costs.
- MCAP: The Montgomery Child Advocacy Project, a non-profit that provides pro bono legal representation and social services to abused and neglected children in Montgomery County received $2,500 in support to offset operating expenses.
- Women’s Center of Montgomery County was awarded $2,500 to help support their mission of helping victims of domestic violence.
For over 25 years, grants like these have been awarded by the Bar Foundation to serve the elderly, homeless, victims of domestic violence, troubled and underprivileged youth, and other individuals and families in need. Through its work and giving, the Foundation supports law-related educational, charitable, and humanitarian projects throughout Montgomery County.
Those seeking information on future grant opportunities can obtain the Bar Foundation’s Grant Making Policy and Guidelines and a Grant Application online at www.montgomerybarfoundation.org or by calling (610) 994-3667.
About Montgomery Bar Foundation:
The Montomery Bar Foundation's mission is to improve, facilitate and support justice and fair treatment for all. Members of the legal community and others wishing to help ensure their legacy of justice in Montgomery County should visit montgomerybarfoundation.org for more information. The foundation solicits grant applications and awards grants after careful review. MBF grants are awarded to worthy causes that are best aligned with our mission.