The following information was supplied by the Norristown Police Department. Arrests do not indicate a conviction.
- According to Norristown police, on Saturday, June 4, at 11:55 p.m., a Royersford man walked a female from a friend’s house at 366 E. Marshall St. to her car at Walnut and Chestnut streets. While he was walking back, he was approached by two black males dressed in black and gray hooded jackets with scarves or bandanas on their faces. The men knocked the victim to the ground, pointed guns to his head and demanded all of his belongings, police said. Police reported there was a third male who stood across the street to keep a lookout while the other two took the victim’s cellphone, wallet and cash, pants, jacket and boots. There was a man on Marshall Street who claimed to have been robbed by the same people the previous day, according to police. Police said that the victim reported the female made a phone call to an unknown individual just before he walked her to her car—a 2008 black Escalade—and the victim suspects she set him up.
- Police reported that on Saturday, June 4, at 11:35 p.m., two black males and one Hispanic male broke into a residence at 1014 Dekalb St. Police said the actors kicked in the side door while the victim and his family were in the residence and held the victim at gunpoint while demanding things from him. The actors took $600 cash from the residence and the victim's step-daughter’s cellphone, police said. Police also stated that this incident and the above listed robbery, which happened immediately afterward, may be connected.
- On Thursday, June 2, at approximately 7 p.m., a Norristown man was walking back to his residence from the McDonald’s at Main and Markley streets when he was approached by a man he knew from a recovery house in which the two had been residents, police said. Police reported that, according to the victim, there were two other males, one black with braids and a long beard, and one white. Police said the victim reported the white male showed him a silver pistol and demanded “the money.” The victim gave the suspects approximately $500 from his pocket, and the suspects walked away. Police said that on June 3, one actor was identified and taken into custody.
- Police reported a wallet belonging to Lavetta Fuqua was found in the 500 block of Noble Street Saturday, June 4, at 1 p.m. by Amanda Stifnell.
- On Friday, June 3, at 11:30 p.m., a Norristown woman reported that she had dropped her cellphone on the 1000 block of Willow Street when she was putting her child into the car and that someone was using it later that night, police said.
- Police said a Norristown man reported on Saturday, June 4, that sometime between midnight and 8 a.m. Saturday, someone stole a 10-inch copper section of his down spout from the front of his residence.
- Police said a Norristown woman reported on Friday, June 3 that over the previous night, someone had taken a new patio umbrella from her backyard.
- According to police, a Norristown man reported that sometime between midnight and 8 a.m. Saturday, June 4, someone threw a concrete block at the hood of the assistant fire chief’s vehicle while it was parked in the rear of his house.
For questions about these briefs, email email@example.com.