Special Council Meeting Cancelled Again
Another attempt, planned for tonight, to approve and sign the interim police chief contract is put on hold.
For the second time this week, a special municipal council meeting scheduled with the purpose of approving and signing the contract with Capt. Willie Richet to act as interim police chief has been cancelled.
The original meeting, scheduled for Monday, Feb. 25, was canceled that night when only two council members – Council President Gary Simpson and Councilwoman Linda Christian – were able to attend. The meeting was rescheduled for Thursday night and cancelled again.
A notice from the municipality indicates that the matter will be added to the agenda for the regular March 5 municipal council meeting.
See our previous post for details about the contract or download a copy in our PDF section.
- Interim Police Chief Contract Vote Rescheduled for Thursday
- Police Chief Search Continues, Public Meetings Scheduled
- Norristown Police Chief Position Gets 21 Resumes So Far
- Municipality Advertises for New Police Chief
- Council Appoints Capt. Richet Interim Police Chief
- Norristown Council Appoints Committee to Conduct Police Chief Search
- Concerned Residents Call for National Search for New Police Chief
- No Word From Council on New Chief of Police as Deadline Approaches
- Norristown Searching For New Chief, Deputy Chief of Police