Norristown Police Chief Position Gets 21 Resumes So Far
With still more than a month to go, municipality has already received interest from a number of candidates.
According to The Times Herald, with still more than a month to go before the deadline for applicants, 21 hopefuls have already submitted resumes for the soon-to-be-open position of Police Chief in Norristown.
The job posting was created by Reading-based search firm SafeCity Solutionsand according to Darlene Norwood, Norristown's human resources specialist, the ad was submitted to a number of websites, publications and organizations including:
- PA Chief of Police Association
- International Association of Police Chiefs
- Philadelphia Inquirer (30 days on Monster and Philly.com Mobile)
- Daily News
- Work Place Diversity
- Penn. Municipal League – Municipal Job Junction (February issue)
- Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association
- National Center for Women & Policing
- The Guardian Civic League (Phila. Chapter)
- National Black Police Association
- Montgomery County Black Law Enforcement Officers Association
- National Latino Peace Officers Association
- Norristown Ministerium
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Montgomery County Opportunities - Industrialization Center (O.I.C.)
- The Philadelphia Office of Economic Opportunity
- The African American Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Lincoln University
- Cheyney State University
- Bureau of Minority & Women Business
- PA Commission for Women/Governor’s Advisory Commission on Latino Affairs
- Greater Phila. Urban Affairs & Minority Business Enterprise Council
- Montgomery Consortium of Communities
It's also been posted to the municipality's website, TV channel and the public information board and submitted to each department.
The resumes will be forwarded to SafeCity Solutions, who will conduct the initial review process including screening the resumes and reviewing written questionnaires and video presentations. SCS would select up to 15 candidates and will then work with the municipality to narrow the field to 5 or 6 candidates.
Those finalists would subjected to a professional oral review board, an in-basket exercise and a problem-resolution exercise. SCS would then provide the municipality with a written review of each candidate's performance. Three final candidates would be referred to the municipality for interviews.
The deadline for submitting a resume is March 11. You can download a copy of the advertised job opening in our PDF section.
- Municipality Advertises for New Police Chief
- Council Appoints Capt. Richet Interim Police Chief
- Norristown Council Appoints Committee to Conduct Police Chief Search
- Concerned Residents Call for National Search for New Police Chief
- No Word From Council on New Chief of Police as Deadline Approaches
- Norristown Searching For New Chief, Deputy Chief of Police