The Einstein Healthcare Network issue a release announcing that job openings for the Einstein Medical Center Montgomery now being constructed in East Norriton are now being posted on EinsteinMontgomery.com. Einstein says they expect to fill more than 350 positions before the opening in September.
The jobs range from food service workers to physicians and can be searched by following this link. Some positions will require training and will begin in July or August, and all applications are now being accepted with more job postings showing daily. There are currently 195 positions listed, the bulk of those being healthcare and medical positions.
Einstein Names Chief Operating Officer
Barry R. Freedman, President and CEO of Einstein Healthcare Network has announced that Beth Duffy has been appointed Chief Operating Officer of Einstein Medical Center Montgomery.
Duffy is a 28-year veteran of Einstein, serving most recently as VP and Director for Activation Planning where she coordinated the planning and activation for the new hospital.
"Over the last 28 years, Beth has held increasingly advanced leadership positions in many Einstein clinical, regulatory and support services operations, providing her with strong knowledge and expertise in all aspects of healthcare operations," Freedman said in a release. "Her attention to detail and her talent for seeing and realizing Einstein’s ‘big picture’ have truly distinguished her performance."
Duffy graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1982 with a BA in Social Work and received her MBA in Health Administration from Temple University in 1984. She lives in Upper Gwynedd Township with her husband, Tom, and two daughters.
Einstein Clinical Leadership
Einstein has also named the clinical leaders who will oversee care at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery. Department chairs and chiefs include physicians from Einstein and in Norristown, which will be transferring its medical and administrative staff to Einstein Medical Center Montgomery when it opens in September.
“These physician leaders will play a critical role in ensuring the completion of the activation planning process, the design and development of patient care services, our transition into the new medical center, and overseeing the ongoing care provided at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery,” said Freedman.
Medicine and Family Medicine
- Department Chair: Steven Sivak, MD, Chair of Medicine at Einstein for the past 11 years, will chair the departments of family medicine and medicine. Dr. Sivak also heads Einstein’s primary care residency program and is the recipient of numerous teaching awards from students and residents.
- Chief of Family Medicine: Janis Rubin, MD, has been on the staff at Montgomery Hospital for more than 20 years. She is board certified in Family Practice.
- Chief of Medicine: Gary Drizin, MD, has been Chair of Medicine at Montgomery Hospital since 2004. He was Associate Chair from 1996 to 2004, and specializes in pulmonary medicine.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department Chair: Arnold Cohen, MD, Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Einstein for nine years, is a renowned specialist in high-risk pregnancy who pioneered a state-of-the-art electronic medical system for his department.
- Chief: Elizabeth Zadzielski, MD, has been Chair of OB/GYN at Montgomery since 2009. She’s certified as a menopause practitioner and has received numerous awards for collaborative initiatives with nursing staff.
- Department Chair: Carl R. Chudnofsky, MD, chair of Emergency Medicine at Einstein since 2000, has written a textbook called A Practical Approach to Emergency Medicine, and focuses his research on alternatives to general anesthesia for patient procedures.
- Chief: Robert Czincila, DO, is medical director of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Montgomery Hospital and is a clinical assistant professor at Jefferson Medical College.
- Department Chair: Rick Fine, MD, has been Chair of Anesthesiology at Einstein since 1999. He has a special expertise in cardiac anesthesiology and perioperative medicine and was recently honored for his philanthropic leadership.
- Department Chair: Matilde Irigoyen, MD, has been Chair of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at Einstein since 2006. She has published extensively in the fields of immunizations, pediatric health services and medical education.
- Department Chair: Hank Simms, MD, Chair of Surgery at Einstein since 2005, is board certified in surgery with a special focus on thyroid and oncologic surgery. He is also director of the General Surgery Residency Program.
- Chief: Bruce Menkowitz, MD, has been Chair of Surgery at Montgomery since 2004 and is former president of the medical staff. He’s board certified in orthopedic surgery.
- Department Chair: Terence Matalon, MD, has been Chair of Radiology at Einstein since 2003 and has a particular expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease.
- Chief: John Devenney, MD, is a board-certified radiologist who’s been with Montgomery Hospital for 31 years. He is a former president of the Montgomery County Medical Society.
- Department Chair: Lawrence J. Solin, MD, Chair of Radiation Oncology at Einstein, is a world renowned researcher, focusing on breast conservation treatment with radiation for early stage breast cancer.
Pathology and Laboratory
- Department Chair: Nancy Young, MD, Chair of Pathology and Laboratory at Einstein for the past four years, is a recognized expert in the diagnosis of lymphoma and lymphoproliferative disorders by fine needle aspiration biopsy.
- Chief: Paul Belser, MD, has been Chair and Medical Director of Pathology at Montgomery since 1995. He has a specialty board in Cytopathology, with a particular interest in neoplastic diseases.
Additional appointments are still pending and will be announced as available