Giant Food Stores, based in Carlisle, Pa., recently announced its schedule for converting 15 Philadelphia-area Genuardi’s locations to Giant supermarkets. Our area has already experienced a similar conversion .
The Giant conversion will take place in three phases, the first of which will begin June 28. Five stores will close for ten days during each phase.
The King of Prussia Genuardi’s is scheduled to close July 5 at 6 p.m. and will re-open as a Giant on July 15 at 8 a.m. The store's pharmacy will also close July 5 at 6 p.m., but will reopen on July 7 at 1 p.m. The in-store PNC Bank will also remain open during the renovations.
According Giant, each store will receive an updated refrigeration system, better lighting and new signage — and each store will be “thoroughly cleaned and painted."
The complete list:
Phase 1 stores close June 28 at 6 p.m. and re-open July 8 at 8 a.m.
- 1375 Boot Road, West Chester
- 737 Huntingdon Pike, Huntingdon Valley
- 2395 York Road, Jamison
- 830 E. Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square
- 467 Sumneytown Pike, North Wales, PA
- Pharmacies will close at 6 p.m. on June 28 and will re-open at 1 p.m. on June 30
Phase 2 stores close July 5 at 6 p.m. and re-open July 15 at 8 a.m.
- 50 E. Wynnewood Road, Wynnewood, PA
- 1121 Bethlehem Pike, Spring House
- 950 Baltimore Pike, Springfield
- 310 S. Henderson Pike, King of Prussia
- 2350 Susquehanna Road, Roslyn
- Pharmacies will close at 6 p.m. July 5 and will re-open at 1 p.m. on July 7
Phase 3 stores close July 12 at 6 p.m. and re-open July 22 at 8 a.m.
- 1844 Bethlehem Pike, Flourtown
- 1925 Norristown Road, Maple Glen
- 168 N. Flowers Mill Road, Langhorne
- 4275 County Line Road, Chalfont
- 550 E. Lancaster Avenue, St. Davids
- Pharmacies will close at 6 p.m. July 12 and will re-open at 1 p.m. on July 14