It's Thursday, April 14, and Norristown Patch wanted to give you a heads up about five things you should know about today.
1. Third-graders at Paul V. Fly Elementary School will present , by Teresa Jennings today at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The performances are open to the public.
2. is celebrating its 85th anniversary with a featuring building tours from 5 to 6 p.m., and a social from 6 to 7 p.m., with music, cake and memories. The school, originally called Stewart Junior High School, was built in 1925. SMS and SJHS alumni, past and present students and family are invited to the event.
3. The Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce will hold its tonight at 5:30 p.m. at in East Norriton. Ticket price is $65.
4. Southeastern Pennsylvania First Suburbs Project is holding a public meeting about regional opportunities tonight from 7:30 to 9 p.m. at the Victory Christian Fellowship with HUD Region III Administrator Jane Vincent, regional policy consultant and author David Rusk and other policy-makers. The meeting is free and open to all area residents. R.S.V.P. to FirstSuburbsProject@gmail.com.
5. Chef Keith Taylor is serving up BBQ that brings the best of the South to Norristown at Zachary’s BBQ Southern Comfort & Catering, 1709 Markley St. A business mixer takes place there tonight at 6 p.m. Call 610-272-1800 for more details and additional information.