1. The Norristown Business Association event originally scheduled for August Moon tonight has bee relocated to the . The event still runs from 5 to 7pm and you'll still get to meet fellow Norristown business owners and professionals and get informed about changes in the Norristown area. Don’t forget to bring your business cards.
2. Do you like cupcakes? Do like decorating them? How about eating them? I thought so. Kathy's Just Desserts is organizing "Cupcake Capers," a cupcake decorating event and raffle at the on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 2pm (don't worry, the Eagles aren't playing.) The event is a fundraiser to benefit Mommy’s Light Lives On – a foundation that brings joy and comfort to children and teens who've lost their mothers by helping them keep alive traditions and simple pleasures they shared with their mothers. Check out the event's Facebook page for more details.
3. Volunteers from Valley View Community Church in Audubon will be serving dinner to the Forteniters Club for mentally-challenged people tonight at . They could use some more help serving meals, playing games, and interacting with those attending. Adults and children are welcome. For more info or to volunteer, contact John Tall at 610-745-1193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The preliminary hearing for , the 19-year-old accused of is scheduled for 9am this morning in district court. Pierce's family have proclaimed his innocence and questioned the accuracy of certain pieces of the DA's evidence. Norristown Patch will continue to follow this story as it develops.
5. The Fall Fest kicks off today and runs through Saturday at Marshall and Buttonwood streets. Hours are 6 to 10pm tonight with an $18 ride special. Come out for food, games, carnival rides and fun. Call 610-272-0402 for more information. You can download a coupon for $2 off the wristband price in our PDF section.