1. Have you heard about Eye Care America? If you’re a senior who has not seen an ophthalmologist in the last three years, you may be qualified for a free eye exam and aftercare sponsored by the foundation. Call 1-800-222-EYES for details, but hurry—the offer’s only good before Aug. 31!
2. Norristown Area’s “Communities That Care for Youth” will meet this morning at at 10:30 a.m. Why not check it out and see what you can do for Norristown’s youth?
3. The Montgomery Bar Association is hosting a daily through Aug. 12. Drop off items between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the office at 100 W. Airy St., and help local foster children have the school year they deserve with all the tools they need.
4. It’s time for the at the tonight from 6 to 7 p.m. Get the information and resources you need to be the healthiest you can be with the insurance that will work for you.
5. The US Postal Service recently closed a beloved post office in Lower Gwynedd and is now looking at over 3,600 more offices to see if any can be put on the chopping block. They're hoping to cut losses and make the postal system more efficient. Though the is probably safe for now, both the Bridgeport and Fairview Village post offices may be in jeopardy.