1. The is sponsoring another day from 9:30am-3pm at , 201 W. Freedley St. Stop by and make sure your kids are safe in your car.
2. The Norristown Area Aquatic Club is holding today and tomorrow from 6:30 to 8pm at the pool. New swimmers should be prepared to swim the length of the pool. Membership is required and the registration fee ($35 per individual, $50 per family) is due at sign-up. Practice starts on Sept. 19.
3. The Montgomery County Board of Commissioners meets again today in the Board Room on the eighth floor of One Montgomery Plaza at 10am. Among the topics scheduled for discussion today of interest to Norristown residents are the Swede Street Improvement Project and various Montco transportation projects (see the full agenda in our PDF section). Go and make your voice heard.
4. is hosting career fairs today at both the Central and West campuses. The fairs are free of charge, open to the public and will feature up to 15 area businesses and organizations that are looking to recruit part-time, full-time, temporary and seasonal help, as well as interns. At the Central Campus, the fair will be held in the atrium of Parkhouse Hall, 340 DeKalb Pike in Blue Bell, from 11:30am-1:30pm. At the West Campus, the fairs will be held in the second floor lobby of South Hall, 101 College Drive in Pottstown, from 11:30 am-1:30pm.
5. is holding a today with veteran instructor Peter Judd. Tai Chi is a martial arts form that enhances balance and body awareness through slow, graceful and precise body movements. It can improve balance and build strength and provides a calm and relaxing work out. Cost is $2 for SAAC members, $4 for non-members.