1. Did you know that the stadium at is being retired? The Roosevelt Stadium Celebration Committee is recruiting volunteers to help plan the final hurrah Sept. 30. There's a meeting of the committee scheduled for tonight at 6 p.m. Call Anne Rohricht at 610-630-5006 to find out how you can get help retire the old girl in style.
2. Speaking of party planning, the at 7 p.m. at the to plan events and programs for Norristown's 200th birthday next year. Stop by and help them shape next year's party of the [double] century.
3. Today at the , children and their parents are invited to et a close up look at the life cycle of the Monarch butterfly. Search for eggs, larvae, pupae and adult butterflies with the experts. You can even hear a story and make a butterfly craft. The 1 p.m. tour is for children ages 3 and up accompanied by an adult. Call 610-270-0215 to register.
4. It's a big day for meetings as the Catholic War Vets will be meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at their at 1003 Tremont Ave. If you're a Catholic veteran looking for like-minded souls, stop by and meet the members.
5. The Norristown State Hospital's annual art festival is looking for submissions for this year's show, "Cultures Around the World." The festival isn't until Oct. 5, but artists are invited to bring their work to Building 33 at 1001 Sterigere St. between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. today and tomorrow or next Wednesday or Thursday to be considered. Download more information in our PDF section.