Before you know it, that final bell will ring and school will be out for the summer. If you haven't already made your kids' summer plans yet, there are plenty of options for camps and programs in the Norristown area.
Here's a handy list of some of the programs available compiled by the Norristown Family Center:
Norristown Summer Playground
- Who: Norristown children ages 5-13
- When: 6/25-8/31, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., M-F
- Where: , Elmwood Park Bandshell
- What: Recreation, arts & crafts, games, trips every Wednesday and Friday
- Cost: $125 per child, with extra fees for swimming and trips
- How: Register at the Elmwood Park Bandshell June 9 or 16, from 10 a.m.-noon. Call 610-270-0467.
Camp Xtreme Science Enrichment Program (sponsored by Montco OIC)
- Who: Students 7 to 14 years old
- When: 6/25-8/17, M-F, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Montco OIC, 1101 Arch Street
- What: Educational and adventure trips, tutoring, swimming, fun, hot lunch
- Cost: Average weekly cost is $90 a week w/ priority given to those signing up for all seven weeks. A $35 registration fee is also required.
- How: Call the OIC at 610-279-9700
Patrician Society Summer Camp
- Who: Children ages 5-11
- When: Six one-week sessions, July 2-Aug. 10, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., M-F.
- Where: , 121 E. Chestnut St.
- What: Recreation, games, swimming, trips.
- Cost: $30 per child.
- How: Call 610-272-6316 on May 1st as space only for 40 children in each session. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Norriton Summer Day Camp
- Who: Boys & Girls ages 5-13 (must be 5 years old by June 1). Proof of age for any child under 6.
- When: June 27-Aug. 5, from 8:45 a.m.-3 p.m. M-F.
- What: Activities include arts & crafts, daily sporting activities, special guest appearances and day trips, such as movies, bowling, roller skating, plays.
- Cost: Resident $250, non-resident $350.
- How: Register at the West Norriton Township Building now if a West Norriton resident. Open to all April 15-June 1. No late registrations accepted. Call 610-630-1251 for information.
East Norriton Summer Playground
- Who: Children ages 5-13.
- When: June 25 - Aug. 3, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., M-F.
- Where: Paul Fly Elementary School
- What: Sports, games, contests, arts & crafts, special events, trips.
- Cost: Early registration for residents for $250 ends May 25th. Residents who register after May 29th for $275. Non-residents can register after May 27h for $350 per child.
- How: Stop by the East Norriton Township Building, 2501 Stanbridge St., M-F 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Call 610-275-2800.
Audubon YMCA Camp Strong
- Who: Norristown residents ages 6-18 (must have completed kindergarten)
- When: June 18- Aug. 24, weekly camps, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., M-F with extended hours offered
- What: Arts, swimming, sports, crafts, nature, field trips, meals and snacks included
- Cost: Scholarships available for Norristown residents, call for information.
- How: Register on April 19 at Roosevelt School from 5-7 p.m. After that, call 610-539-0900 x6212 or email email@example.com.
- Who: Children ages entering kindergarten to fifth grade.
- When: June 18-Aug. 24, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Extended hours available for a fee.
- Where: Macedonia Baptist Church, 2633 Hillcrest Ave., East Norriton
- What: Health, wellness, art, gams, Biblical teachings. Tuition includes camp t-shirt, all trips, activities, lunch, snacks, weekly swimming and bowling.
- Cost: $1250 with a $50 registration fee. Parents must sign up for a six-week minimum.
Art Camp sponsored by Greater Norristown Art League
- Who: Students ages 6-14.
- When: Nine one-week sessions in June, July & August from 10 a.m. -2 p.m.
- Where: 800 W. Germantown Pike
- What: Activities includes drawing skills, sculpting, printmaking, mixed media and collages.
- Cost: $125 per week.
- How: Online at gnal.org or call 610-539-3393.
Summer ARTS Intensive: “It’s All Greek to Me,” sponsored by
- Who: Preschool Group meets three days a week. Elementary Group and Middle School Group ages 9-13, meet 5 days a week
- When: July 2-July 27, 9 a.m.-12 noon with options for full day. For the first time, the camp will offer a program from June 25th-29th and July 31-Aug. 10 for $80 a week.
- Where: ACPPA Community Art Center, 506 Haws Ave.
- What: Visual arts, dance, music and theater exploration in small groups
- Cost: Preschool group $100 for half day or $130 for full day. Elementary and Middle School Groups $130 for 9 a.m. to noon and $260 for 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- How: Call 484-681-4847 or register online at acppa.net
Horizon Theater Camp
- Who: Children ages 7-12
- When: Aug. 6-10, Aug. 13-17, and Aug. 20-24, 9a.m.-3 p.m.
- Where: Jefferson Firehouse, Egypt Road, West Norriton
- What: An action packed drama camp taught by Philadelphia theatre professionals. Young actors spend the week working as a team to create a play.
- Cost: $125 per child
- How: Call Lauren Mashett at 610-631-0450 at West Norriton Township Parks and Recreation.
Camp Ladore () in Waymart, Pa.
- Who: Children ages 7-16
- When: July 18-23 for children 7-12 years old, July 18-27 for ages 13-16. A sports camp is offered for ages 7-12 on Aug. 1-6.
- How: Montgomery County has 10 slots for each camp. The cost is $50 per child. Applications can be obtained from the Salvation Army at 533 Swede St. and a $25 deposit must be made at that time with the balance due when the child’s application is complete. Transportation is provided by the Salvation Army. For more information, call 610-275-4183.
Camp Rainbow, Schwenksville, PA
- Who: Children ages 7-16
- When: 7 one-week experiences starting July 1 to Aug. 10
- How: In order for a child to be eligible for Camp Rainbow, the child must be a resident of Montgomery County and must be from a socially or economically challenging situation or there must be a condition that warrants consideration for the benefits of camp. Camp Rainbow elicits campers through recommendations from guidance counselors, administrators and agency leaders of Montgomery County public and private schools. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to camprainbow.com.