Happy spring! Spring fever has definitely set in, in my house. The warm weather and pretty flowers has me aching to stash away my coats and jackets until next fall and break out pretty dresses – and to start baking pretty things.
These super-cute birds nest cookies are really easy and no-bakes. Practically ready in 20 minutes! Make them for your Easter gathering and your friends and family will be asking for the recipe to make for their own families.
And, not only are they adorable, but they are really scrumptious as well. You could leave out the butterscotch chips, but it’s really good like this.
- 1 bag small malted milk eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 3 cup oats (and a handful more if too runny)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 handfuls butterscotch chips
- Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in deep pan over medium heat.
- When mixture starts to boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, butterscotch chips, oats and vanilla.
- On wax paper or parchment paper, scoop mixture and shape into nests.
- Top with eggs, 2 to 3 per nest, pressing to secure.
- Let stand to firm.