I am about to share with you my secret to improve on perfection. To be honest, it’s quite simple. I stumbled upon this idea when I was comparing my grandmother’s recipe for chocolate chip cookies to the Nestle Toll House recipe. Both cookies were amazingly delicious and yet a bit different from one other.
I noticed that my grandmother had put twice the amount of chips and a lot more vanilla in her cookies. I decided to follow the Toll House recipe, but I made a few changes. The results were delicious.
Toll House recipe:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flower
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (two sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract (instead of 1 tsp.)
- 4 cups of morsels (instead of 2)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flower mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
If you decide to give this a try, let me know what you think in the comments! Or, tell us what you’d add. Good luck and good eatin’.
You can pick up all of the ingredients for Mamma T's cookies at the following grocery stores:
Genuardi's, 25 W. Germantown Pike or 1930 W. Main Street.
55 E. Germantown Pike.