Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman and Norristown Police Chief Russell Bono have issued a release announcing a joint investigation into the shooting death of 21-year-old Ryan Ladson-Singleton early Saturday morning, Oct. 20.
According to authorities, at 2:04 a.m. Saturday morning, officers from the Norristown Police Department responded to 608 Green Street for a reported shooting. Police arrived on scene and found the victim, Ladson-Singleton, lying on the sidewalk. The victim had sustained gunshot wounds to his body.
Ladson-Singleton was transported by helicopter to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead. An autopsy is scheduled for Sunday Oct. 21, at the Philadelphia medical examiner’s office.
According to The Times Herald, Ladson-Singleton was implicated in a Norristown shoot-out in April 2010, but was not charged. Court documents for the last few years indicate he faced charges including assault, drug possession and possessing a firearm without a license on numerous occasions.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Norristown Police Department at 610 270-0977 or Montgomery County Detective Bureau 610 278-3368.
- UDATE: No Suspects in Fatal Shooting on 600 Block of Green Street
- Kyree Rahmeer Wells pleads guilty to gun charge in Norristown shootout [on The Times Herald]
- Charges dropped in April shooting [on The Times Herald]
- Norristown gunshot victim faces trial [on The Times Herald]
- 7-Eleven clerk ID's armed robbery suspect [on The Times Herald]
- Two suspects charged in triple shooting [on The Times Herald]