At approximately 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17, a small leaf fire broke out in front of 829 W. Main St. in Norristown. Police were on the scene right away and firefighters from Fairmount Engine Company No. 2 made sure the event stayed a small one.
Shortly before the fire, a man was seen smoking a cigarette on the front steps of the house. There were plenty of other leaves and kindling in the area and if not for the quick work of Norristown's fiefighters, it may have been a much bigger event.
A big THANK YOU to the responders your good deeds do not go unnoticed.