Generator Fire at Whitemarsh Verizon Building Quickly Extinguished on Wednesday

Emergency personnel responded to the office building Wednesday morning.

A generator caused a small fire at a Verizon office building in northern Whitemarsh Township Wednesday morning, Oct. 31. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported in the incident, authorities say.

The Barren Hill Fire Company responded to the commercial area of Campus Drive, near the intersection of Butler Pike and Militia Hill Road, at approximately 9:55 a.m. after a generator in the back of the building caught fire. Police said the building's fire systems put out whatever flames there were, and fire personnel had left the scene by about 10:40 a.m. after securing the scene.

Police were unsure if the building was using generators due to a power outage.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »