A generator caused a small fire at a Verizon office building in northern Whitemarsh Township Wednesday morning, Oct. 31. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported in the incident, authorities say.
The Barren Hill Fire Company responded to the commercial area of Campus Drive, near the intersection of Butler Pike and Militia Hill Road, at approximately 9:55 a.m. after a generator in the back of the building caught fire. Police said the building's fire systems put out whatever flames there were, and fire personnel had left the scene by about 10:40 a.m. after securing the scene.
Police were unsure if the building was using generators due to a power outage.