The Municipality of Norristown has begun advertising the opening for Chief of Police. The ad is reportedly being circulated with several law enforcement trade groups and sites through SafeCity Solutions, the Reading-based search firm contracted to help with the filling the position. It also appears on several well-known job hunting sites like monster.com and indeed.com and it's even listed on the Feminist Majority Foundation's website in its feminist job listings.
Some of the qualifications listed include:
- At least 15 years as a certified police officer,
- A minimum of 7 years of recent administrative and supervisory experience as a lieutenant or higher level within a similar or larger-sized department serving an urban community.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- A record of continuing career education and development that includes graduation from the FBI National Academy or similar executive-level law enforcement training are preferred.
The deadline for resumes is March 11.
You can download the full advertisement in our PDF section.
- Council Appoints Capt. Richet Interim Police Chief
- Norristown Council Appoints Committee to Conduct Police Chief Search
- Concerned Residents Call for National Search for New Police Chief
- No Word From Council on New Chief of Police as Deadline Approaches