Several units from Norriton Fire Engine Company responded to 2400 block of Merrie Claude Drive in East Norriton late Monday afternoon for a reported chimney fire. On the scene, firefighters inspected the chimney and determined that a bird nesting in the flue was to blame.
According to NFEC Captain Derek Thomas, firefighters took apart the chimney to remove the obstruction. There were no injuries reported in the incident and little damage to the home.
"We recommend that everybody, now that the heating season is upon [us], get your chimneys inspected and cleaned and look out for all your other heating components," advised Thomas