If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
Today is National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year's elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for Pennsylvania is Oct. 9. Here’s information on how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 elections:
- Fill out a voter registration form in the Montgomery County Voter Services office at Suite 602 in One Montgomery Plaza. You can pick up a form there or at most government offices such as Norristown Municipal Hall, the Norristown Post Office, or any state store.
- Download a voter registration form in our PDF section or from the Voter Services website and mail it to: Montgomery County Courthouse, PO BOX 311, Norristown, PA 19404-0311.
If you will be living temporarily outside of Montgomey County (students away at college, for example), it is important to send in an absentee ballot so that your vote counts. You can find the absentee ballot application in our PDF section, or download it here. Fill out the absentee registration form and mail it in by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30. You will be mailed a ballot at the address specified on the form. The election office must receive your completed ballot that by 5 p.m. the Friday, Nov. 2.
- Election: Nov. 6
- Registration deadline: Oct. 9
- Must be 18 on or before Nov. 6 to vote
- Absentee registration form deadline: Oct. 30 (5 p.m.)
- Absentee ballot deadline: Nov. 2 (5 p.m.)