According to a release issued by the municipality, Norristown has contracted with Philadelphia-based General Asphalt Paving to upgrade curbs and mill and pave a number of streets.
Starting today, Wednesday, July 25, the contractor will be installing handicap ramps on sections of Janeway Drive, Wood, Spruce and Buttonwood streets and Forrest Avenue. The ramps will reportedly take four weeks to complete.
Milling (cutting out old asphalt) and re-paving will begin following the completion of the handicap ramps, starting at the first street working east to west through Norristown.
Streets affected will be done in the following order:
- Janeway Drive (between North Hills Drive and Calamia Drive);
- Wood Street (between Powell Street and Swede Street);
- Spruce Street (between Powell Street and Markley Street);
- Buttonwood Street (between Main Street and Jackson Street);
- Forest Avenue (between Lafayette Street and Jackson Street).
The road work is expected to be done by early September.
"No Parking" notices will be distributed to residents of the affected streets prior to milling and paving. For more information, call the Public Works Department at 610-270-0437.