The steering committee for the Norristown Weed & Seed program is still accepting applications from consultants, governments, non-profits and other service providers who are interested in working with Weed & Seed to further the goals and objectives of the initiative. They have pushed the deadline for for people wishing to submit a proposal back to June 4.
Norristown Weed & Seed was from the state sponsored program that was cut in 2011. That funding will pay for three programs – a parent-oriented support program, a police and youth forum and a capacity-building program for Weed & Seed committee members – and a site coordinator position.
According to The Times Herald, the breakdown for program funding includes:
- $11,000 for an "Eddie Eagle" component that would send police into schools to teach kids about gun safety.
- $3,600 for a parent support program called “Out of Harm’s Way” has a t.
- $3,000 for a "Police Youth Forum."
- $3,000 for a capacity building program for the Weed & Seed Steering Committee.
- $3,000 for a Weed & Seed coordinator position.
Money awarded from the grant must be spent by Dec. 31, 2012.
Questions about the RFP should be directed to Norristown Weed & Seed Steering Committee Chair Rochelle Culbreath at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Norristown Municipal Council Member Marlon Millner at 610-731-7439.
You can download the full RFP in our PDF section.