A drive around Norristown these last few weeks reveals quite a bit of construction and repairs underway as part of the municipality's plan to improve sections of sections of Janeway Drive, Wood, Spruce and Buttonwood streets and Forrest Avenue.
A contractor has been installing handicap ramps on the designated intersections and milling (cutting out old asphalt) and re-paving is set to follow.
Streets affected are being done in the following order:
- Janeway Drive (between North Hills Drive and Calamia Drive);
- Wood Street (between Powell Street and Swede Street);
- Spruce Street (between Powell Street and Markley Street);
- Buttonwood Street (between Main Street and Jackson Street);
- Forest Avenue (between Lafayette Street and Jackson Street).
"No Parking" notices will be distributed to residents of the affected streets prior to milling and paving. For more information, call the Public Works Department at 610-270-0437.