Since 1976, Norristown Police Athletic League (PAL) has been actively serving the youths of Norristown. It is a non-profit organization run by volunteers, providing families and youths with recreational, educational and cultural programs. PAL promotes self-esteem, avoidance of substance abuse and respect for fellow citizens, law and order. To participate in leagues, classes, or programs you must be a PAL member.
- Hours: M-F: 10AM-8PM Weekend hours vary based on programs offered.
- Handicap Accessible: Lower and Main floors are accessible.
- Founding Date: 1976
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Paypal, Personal Check, Visa
- Membership info: Youth (8-18 years old): $10/year; 3 or more children in the same household, $25/year
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Competition level: Amateur
- Genders: Mixed
- Are there any interesting historical facts about the team?: Since 1976, Greater Norristown PAL (GNPAL) has served thousands of area youth in a variety of programs. In 2005, the GNPAL moved into the old Stewart National Guard Armory building near the Elmwood Park/zoo/sports complex.