Thursday, December 1, 2011
The philanthropic thrift store is celebrating a decade of repurposing, recycling and restoring lives.
- VOLUNTEERS IN THE NEWS
Thursday, December 1, 2011
This Saturday, Dec. 3, Impact Thrift Stores is celebrating its 10th birthday. According to a release issued by the company Impact Thrift has donated over $1.3 million dollars to local charities whose missions support families and children in crisis over the past 10 years. Impact Thrift says it owes much of its success to the generous merchandise donors and thrift-minded shoppers who have supported their mission to positively impact local communities. For its 10th birthday celebration, Impact Thrift is saying thank you to its customers and donors in a by offering incredible store discounts, free prizes and free food from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Net proceeds from the event will help to financially support local charities in the …
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Police effecting a search warrant yesterday contacted the Fire Marshal to report unsafe conditions.
Ah's Garage Sale, the secondhand shop on East Main Street known for its ecclectic collection of just about everything from cassette tapes to jet skis, has been shut down by Norristown Code Enforcement and the Norristown Fire Department for unsafe conditions and fire code violations. Norristown Police were carrying out a search warrant at Ah's Garage Sale and observed what they believed were unsafe conditions. Officers called the fire marshal and after inspecting the premises, the fire marshal ordered the business to close and condemned the building for numerous fire code violations. According to Norristown Code Enforcement Field Supervisor Michael Kinsey, it will be quite some time before Ah's Garage Sale will be back in business. "They're…
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Within 24 hours of underground explosions that had Main Street at a stand still on Tuesday, crews were on the scene making repairs
The Times Herald is reporting about the rebuilding effort on Main Street after reports of smoke and a series of underground explosions had several blocks just west of the Montgomery County Courthouse on lockdown Tuesday afternoon and through the evening. Police and fire crews from all over the region had responded to the original 911 call at approximately 2:33 p.m. about the smell of smoke coming from the Salvation Army Thrift Store. Emergency services had evacuated most of the block when an underground explosion approximately an hour later caused crews to push the cordon back another block in every direction. The explosions are reported to have been caused by a build up of carbon monoxide resulting from an underground electrical fire. …